The NTC Advantage
Jumpstart College and Career Plans
The NTC’s next-generation career and technical education programs integrate rigorous academic instruction into the teaching of technical and employability skills, helping students to jumpstart college and career plans by taking a more strategic approach to their high school education.
NTC graduates walk away from high school with more than just a diploma. CTE career pathway programs prepare students to become agile, lifelong learners, motivated to attain a level of college and career readiness that will allow them to successfully navigate the demanding and rapidly evolving 21st century economy.
NTC Prepares Students for Success
- College Ready - Students can earn college credits at no cost through dual and concurrent enrollment opportunities such as Early College and Running Start
- Professionally Skilled - Students can earn internationally-recognized industry certifications and credentials
- Workplace Ready - Students develop the valued skills employers seek out by participating in job shadows and internships, meeting accomplished professionals, competing in state and national skills competitions, and assuming student leadership roles through Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Focused - Students attend NTC program classes five days a week over two academic years. They routinely participate in applied learning projects, engage in work-based learning and explore postsecondary college and career options
- Engaged - Students work hand-in-hand, befriend and learn from fellow students who share similar interests and ambitions
- 80% of career and technical education students say CTE classes helped them to “know where they’re headed”
- More than 78% of CTE students go on to college after graduation (8% higher than traditional high school)