My School Bucks - School Meal Payment System
August 2, 2022
Four weeks from today, schools open. I am writing today to bring you important news about the NSD Food Service participation in the federal breakfast and lunch program, and how this year will be different from last year.
In order for our families to continue to benefit from the program's meal benefits and additional ancillary benefits, it is important more than ever to complete an application, which will go live Monday, August 8.
- School meals are not free in the upcoming 2022-2023 school year.
- Last year, the USDA made it possible for school nutrition programs to serve all students free breakfast and lunch through "waivers." Congress did not extend these waivers for the upcoming school year, so we will be going back to previously priced breakfast and lunch.
- Please be sure to fill out a meal benefit application, if you think your family qualifies. Only one application per family is required.
If you have questions about the application, please contact Doreen Burgess, NSD Food Service Administrative Coordinator, at 603 966 1302.
- Breakfast includes a grain and possibly a protein, fruit or vegetable, and milk.
- Lunch includes a protein, grain, fruit, vegetable, and milk.
- Two items from the following groups: grain, fruit, and vegetable, will be given to students whose families approve of their students receiving milk only but no lunch. Milk is not a single-item option, but is served only with two additional food items.
We encourage all families to sign up for online payment at www.myschoolbucks.com.
All menus are subject to change, depending on availability. Currently, food shortages are nationwide and our schools could experience unavailable items or last-minute replacements to menu items over the course of the school year.
Thank you for your understanding and consideration.
Dahlia Daigle, NSD Food Service Director