Return to Headlines
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
- Arrival Procedure:
- The lane closest to the school will be for BUSES ONLY.
- The lane furthest from the school will be for CARS. Parents, please do not get out of your cars. Teach your child to exit the side of the vehicle facing the school and staff will take it from there.
- As we are required to minimize the amount of people at the school’s entrance, parents may not park in the lot and walk their children to the front of the school. Please utilize the car drop-off lane only.
- The first 4 cars in the line may disembark. Staff will be there to assist.
- Buses will only be permitted to unload one at a time to minimize the number of children in one area.
- Dismissal Procedure: 3 OPTIONS: BE SURE TO INFORM YOUR CHILD’S TEACHER AS TO WHICH METHOD YOUR CHILD IS TO BE DISMISSED!
- OPTION 1: BUS
- The lane closest to the school will be for BUSES ONLY. (Cars will not be able to park and drive through this lane as has been done in previous years.) Our larger buses drive around the back and will board from the back door of the gym. Our smaller buses will park in the lane closest to the school and students requiring this type of specialized transportation will board at this location.
- OPTION 2: CAR PICK UP
- The lane furthest from the school will be for cars. ALL CARS WILL NEED A SIGN WITH STUDENT’S NAME TO PICK UP STUDENTS. We will provide a sign for all students who have signed up for hybrid so keep it safe for use every time you are picking up your child at the day’s end. A staff member will approach your vehicle, write down your child’s name, go inside to get your child who will be waiting in the hallway, and bring your child out to you. Again, we request that parents stay IN their vehicles as staff guide children to your cars. This will probably be a laborious process as we get started. We appreciate everyone’s patience while we get our school community acclimated to this means of exiting our students in reduced numbers. This is also the first year that Kindergarten will follow the same schedule as the rest of the school so we wish to ensure those little ones are shepherded with extra care. Also note that this is not a passing lane so you will always need to wait one behind the other.
- As we are required to minimize the amount of people at the school’s entrance, parents may not park in the lot and wait for their children at the front of the school.
- OPTION 3: WALKERS
- For our students who walk home, parents need only to inform the teacher and those students will be allowed to exit the front door and walk on their own.
- NO PARKING: Parents will no longer be able to park along Whitford Rd and wait for their children. Everyone must use the car pickup lane.
- Tardy/Early Dismissal: Vehicles are no longer allowed to park in the two lanes in front of the school at any point during the school day. Parents must park in one of our lots to drop students off tardy, dismiss them early or to conduct any other type of school business. Please ring the bell and someone will come outside to assist you. Parents/visitors are not permitted inside Nashua Schools at this time. We request that parents do NOT call the school after 12:30PM to change a student’s dismissal procedure.