June 18, 2019
The Nashua Board of Aldermen approved a $317 million operating budget for the City of Nashua, including $112 million operating budget for the Nashua School District, at its June 12 meeting.
The following highlights added school resources funded with the 2.34% increase over last year's budget:
- Four (4) ELL Teachers (funded through a City of Nashua contingency fund)
- One (1) Special Education Behavior Para-educator
- Four (4) Para-educators for kindergarten
- One (1) Teacher of the DeafTwo (2) School Psychologist interns
- Funds for Out-of-District placements for Special Education students
- Additional 10 hours of clerical support for Brentwood Program at Nashua
- Tourniquets for each school, as advised for student/staff safety
In addition, the budget increase funds essential technology intrastructure (new core switch and wireless controller), physical plant supplies and equipment, a shared grant writer with the City of Nashua, software to replace T-Eval, added communications resources, legal services and New Hampshire School Board Association (NHSBA) membership.
Superintendent Jahmal Mosley and Chief Operating Officer Daniel Donovan initiated budget season last January with a presentation to the Nashua Board of Education Budget Committee. Since then and after much discussion and consideration, Dr. Mosley amended his recommendations and at the March 14 BOE Budget Committee hearing for the public made the following recommendations for a 2.43% increase, bringing the proposed total operating budget to $112,015,068.
At the Wednesday, March 20 Budget Committee meeting, members voted 8-1 to approve Dr. Mosley's proposed operating budget at the 2.43% increased level.
Initially, Dr. Mosley recommended a 2.92% increase in the operating budget, which brought his proposed total operating budget for the upcoming school year to $112,546,590.
Administrators provide Committee members with documents and data related to budget expenditures and to general information about the school district. Please click here to review compiled budget documents and data, published ongoing as it became available during budget season.
In addition, as an integral part of the budget development process, the following administrators presented to the Budget Committee on their department's budget needs. Click below to view their presentations.
- Department of Athletics NSD Budget Form FY2020
- Office of Curriculum and Assessment NSD Budget Form FY2020
- Department of Special Education NSD Budget Form FY2020
- Department of Student Services and ELL NSD Budget Form FY2020
- Department of Technology NSD Budget Form FY2020
- Department of Transportation NSD Budget Form FY2020
- Nashua Technology Center NSD Budget Form FY2020