The Nashua Early Education Program provides referral services for families as well as an integrated preschool program for children ages three to five. Play Pals, the blended preschool program, integrates children who have been identified with special needs and children who are developing at a typical and expected rate.
Nashua Early Education Program
Registration forms for the 2018-2019 school year are available:
Play Pals 2018-2019 Registration Packet
Play Pals offers a developmental learning approach where typically developing children along with children with special needs come together to learn and play, and to grow socially and emotionally, cognitively, physically, verbally, and to become more independent and better prepared for kindergarten. Please click here for the Play Pals curriculum expectations.
Play Pals is a structured play-based program providing children the opportunity to develop and grow in the following skill areas:
- Play Pals is offered District-wide and takes place at five of the District's 12 elementary schools (see below)
- Play Pals follows the Nashua school closings on school vacations, holidays and inclement weather
- There is no school on Early Release Days
- Students attend 2.5 hours per day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from September through June
- 3-year olds attend in the morning and 4-year olds attend in the afternoon
- Students must be 3 or 4 by September 30th
- Tuition is $180/month
- Families may apply for free or reduced tuition if household income is within Federal USDOA guidelines.
- $25 non-refundable registration fee is required
Play Pals is located in the following schools:
Bicentennial Elementary School
Birch Hill Elemlentary School
- fine and gross motor
Broad Street Elementary School
Mount Pleasant Elementary School
New Searles Elementary School
Current Play Pals and their siblings have first option to reapply for the upcoming school year, which limits the number of spots open to the general public.
Please click below for related information for families who qualify for the Federal Lunch Program:
Play Pals cover letter and form regarding reduced tuition
If you have questions about the program, please contact Chelsey Gillis, Preschool Coordinator for the Nashua School District.